Monday 23 April 2012

Inspiration

Hello and welcome to my new Blog. :)

 I thought i would start off with a little bit of inspiration and who inspires me these days.
So remember when you were young and everyone you loved, or aspired to be like, or just had a mad crush on, was plastered all over your bedroom walls. Maybe your wardrobe was covered in stickers, posters, and music lyrics? Mine was fully of Madonna, and Kylie, and then it was Slayer and Metallica in my later teens.
  Well one day last week i had a migraine and couldn't concentrate on sewing or reading. So i decided to sort out part of the sewing cupboard. For some reason i thought that even at 37 there isn't any thing wrong with the inside of my sewing cupboard looking like the inside of a teenagers locker :)
I know I'm probably too old for it to look like this, but oh well, i bloody love it like! I will change it around each 1st of the month with a new photo, and change the calender and Flo's picture. (I think Cher maybe next month)

The photo is of my son, and most of my little nieces and nephews, or the little Sprogs as i like to call them. I love them all to bits, and miss them terribly living so far away from them. But i love it when they get to come and spend their summer Holiday with me in Devon.

When i make a lot of my items, they are what inspires me,  nearly everything i make i have one of them in mind, so at least  if it doesn't sell at least i know exactly who i will give it too. They are all unique, and so different from each other, and this helps when I'm making.


                                        
Behind these tins is another pic of Flo, and a photo of my other niece. Since i am always loosing something i decided that when I'm on the search i should have the people i love poking out at me smiling, so i have put photo's in drawers, behind files, and my storage boxes. It really is a great way to use photos, instead of them being in albums and only seeing them now and then.
The other side of the cupboard i haven't decided on what i will be doing with that yet. But i will show you a photo when i decorate it.

So if you were going to have your own little poster section, in a cupboard who would you choose?

Love and Carrot cake
~Donna~ x



3 comments:

  1. I love that you have this little poster section...it's almost like a vision board! Who would I have in it? While it is heartbreaking to mention, I would have a photo of my beloved, late father, my dog Skipper who died suddenly about 6 months ago and my cat Lovey, whose name embodied her. I miss them all and sometimes, it hurts so much that I almost forget what they look like in my mind. However, all is not so grave: When I see photos of them, I cannot help but smile ear-to-ear and I feel my chest swell and my heart feel so much joy. How lucky I have been to have had them in my life! So that is what I would have on my poster wall.

    I would also have a photo of my son and my husband -- and a sunrise at the beach. I would just feel so complete to have these things around me all of the time.

    Thanks for the inspiration, Donna. You always have a way of putting a smile on my face. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Kat, yours sounds lovely. ((((hugs)))

    I am so glad i made you smile my lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teenage locker door :o))
    I have a happy board with my fav people smiling and laughing at me.
    My brothers, hubby, my sons. Plus my nan & pap, no longer with me but i smile at them everyday and know they are watching my crazy daily antics smiling too.

    ReplyDelete